I am a strong believer that good things can be improved by adding other good things to them. Throw some bacon on your mac and cheese. Crunch some potato chips on your sandwich. Put some bananas in your cereal. So, going with that theory, I decided to stuff peanut butter cookies with peanut butter. But, not just plain peanut butter; peanut butter cup peanut butter. You know, the kind that tastes like the inside of a very famous brand of chocolate cups. How could you go wrong with biting into a peanut butter cookie and finding more sweet, nutty, creamy goodness?
These are softer peanut butter cookies, not crispy like I usually would make. They would be great to freeze, baked or unbaked. You can also roll them in cinnamon sugar, if you want to add a little spice to things. I like watching people eat them, because it’s fun to see their surprise when they discover the surprise center. I hope you like them too!
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup peanut butter and powdered sugar until combined. Shape mixture into 24 little peanut butter balls and set aside. You’ll see them again soon. Note: Do not eat the peanut butter balls. They are quite delicious and you need them!
In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and mix on low until combined.
In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients and slowly add to the large mixing bowl. Continue to mix until just combined.
Now is the tricky part.
Flatten about 1 tablespoon of dough in your hand and place a peanut butter ball in the center.
Wrap the dough around the ball, tapping to seal the dough.
If you choose to, roll in cinnamon sugar or dip top of ball in sanding sugar.
Place on baking sheet, spaced an inch apart and bake at 375 for 8 min. Let cool slightly and move to wire rack or plate. You’d be doing yourself a disservice if you didn’t enjoy these with a glass of milk. Unless you’re lactose intolerant. Then you’d be doing yourself a disservice by HAVING a glass of milk. Either way, they are delicious on their own too.
Soft peanut butter cookies are stuffed with sweet, creamy peanut butter in these surprising treats!
- Cookie Dough:
- 1/2 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- Sanding sugar or cinnamon sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup JIF creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup peanut butter and powdered sugar until combined. Roll into 24 little balls. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 balls, about 1 inch each.
- Flatten about 1 tablespoon of dough in your hand and place a peanut butter ball in the middle. Wrap the dough around the ball. If you choose to, roll in cinnamon sugar or dip top of ball in sanding sugar.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 375 for 8 min.
Original Recipe from: https://ohsweetbasil.com