This salad. Oh my goodness…this salad.
It’s so easy. It’s delicious. It’s relatively healthy. I can eat the entire bowl and still wish for more. Best of all, the whole thing comes together in less than 20 minutes. Peppery arugula is tossed with warm corn and shallots, then seasoned with cotija cheese and brightened with fresh lemon juice. This recipe is awesome in summer when corn is fresh and in season. It’s just as good in winter, when you’re wishing for a taste of warm weather and sunshine. Just use frozen corn (I use the steam in the bag kind, but don’t steam it.) Make this salad. You WILL love it. I hope…
Here’s what you’ll need:
I just wanted to use this picture because it shows the pretty paper flowers I’m making for our wedding…
Finely chop shallot. Remove corn from cob with a knife, if you have fresh corn. If you’re using frozen…open the bag. Melt butter in sauté pan. Add shallot and cook until almost translucent. Add corn and cook for a few minutes, until corn browns a little.
Place arugula in serving bowl. Add hot corn mixture and toss.
Holy COW!!!!!!!!!! Look at this lemon!!!
Sprinkle with cheese and squeeze lemon juice over salad.
Toss very well, until arugula wilts and corn is well mixed in.
Taste and add salt to your liking. That’s it. Seriously. It’s so good…DO IT!!!
Easy Arugula and Corn Salad
Peppery arugula tossed with shallots and corn, seasoned with cotija cheese and brightened with fresh lemon juice.
- 5 oz. bag or container Baby Arugula
- 2 Ears of Corn, removed from cob
- or 12 oz. bag of frozen corn (I use the steam in bag)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese, use parmesan or romano if you prefer
- Juice of one lemon, squeezed over salad
- salt to taste
- Step 1 Melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until nearly translucent. Add corn and cook until corn begins to brown. Place arugula in serving bowl. Add hot corn mixture and toss. Add cheese and squeeze lemon juice over salad. Toss very well, until arugula has wilted slightly and corn is well incorporated. Season with salt to taste.